Monday, December 17, 2012

Deer Slayer.....Maybe Ep. 6

Deer hunting with a bow recently took a back seat to "Scene" hunting with a Canon.  My last outing wasn't productive if productivity is measured in pounds of meat you bring home.  Instead of veal in my bank, here are some "Vision's" I caught with the Canon.  (I know, the play on the name "Canon" is over the top, but I like a little corn in my cheese.)


 Poised and ready....to take shots of the inactive bow.

 This spot in the woods felt like a scene from "The Hobbit" or "Lord of the Rings".
One spot of the woods had dark green moss covering the dead logs and bases of trees.  It seemed out of place in a dead woods in the middle of December.  The colorful moss was hard to resist taking some shots of.

 A little Edgar Allen Poe-esque if you ask me.  I didn't notice the skull under my feet until I lie down to take this shot.  Made me look over my shoulder a time or two.
 Playing with some "Forced Perspective".  I don't know what those berries were, but they tasted delicious.  Jk
 My inner nerd is revealed any time I reference Tolkien but it's worth the risk to mention that this tree has been a favorite of mine ever since I began walking these woods.  I'm sure if I lived in Middle Earth, this tree would have a name and could wake up to crush some skulls every so often.
A beautiful sunset capped with a waxing moon over a Christmas-light-clad town.  

As you can tell, I didn't have much patience sitting in a tree stand while a new camera sat, unused in my lap.  Who knows if I scared off a potential Arrow recipient but taking a few extra moments to enjoy creation in more intricate detail was reward enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment