Monday, December 24, 2012

Dashing through the snow and attack of the birds!

Christmas Eve gave me the opportunity to test out the Jeep in the snow.  The snow won.

 High centered in the snow.  Four spinning wheels don't do much good when they aren't touching the ground.
 Knee deep in snow.
 If it weren't for the fact that the jeep is unable to move an inch, this might make a good promo shot!
 I spent roughly 45 minutes digging with a broken window scraper.  While I created some great snow hills all around the jeep, it wasn't quite the tool I needed. 
 Now, if there were 10 more exhaust pipes on the Jeep, I may have been able to melt free!  Looking into some of these badboys for the future.
 As much as I'd like to be able to tell a story about using my own two hands to get unstuck, the real solution came from my cell phone.
 All that work really got me ready to blend in to the environment for Lemming hunting.
 Predator meets odd-shaped-tiny-gun Lemming Hunter.
 On the way home, I ran into a large flock of birds. 
 A really large flock of birds.
 A wall of birds.
 A sleepy wall of birds.
 I've seen flocks that are large before, but never any that covered my entire field of vision with this great of a density before.
These birds were everywhere!  Even the trees were littered with them.  Pretty sure these are the nasty Starling's we know and love around here.


1 comment: