Monday, March 18, 2013

Product Placement: The Amazing Leatherman

I love my Leatherman. (Almost as much as my wife)  In fact, if someone asked me to be on one of those goons on a "As Seen on TV" advertisements for Leatherman, I'd jump at the opportunity.  These tools are amazing.(Not quite as much as my wife)  If the guy who films himself filming himself surviving in the wild depends on it, then it's probably good enough for some of the crazy stuff I face daily between my house and the classroom.
Such a crazy thing happened just recently which allowed me the opportunity to utilize the Leatherman to its full glorious potential, and now I must brag about it.

As you can see from the picture below, this dog won't hunt.
The radiator hose had sprung a leak and steamy green liquid was emanating from every one of the many crevices in my jeep hood. 


 Steamy green gooey liquid draining down the dirt road to infect the nearest cattle yard.  Be prepared for "Teenage Mutant Ninja Steak" coming to a store near you.

  
Between the leather gloves, knife, and the screwdriver on that precious gem, I was up running again in less than 10 minutes. I was also lucky that I had extra coolant in the back of the Jeep only because the Leatherman hasn't yet put a reservoir of it on their product.

 


Long story short; Leatherman products make you....feel like this guy:
http://www.artbarbarians.com/gallery2/images/7/callep_-_mountain_man_the.jpg


1 comment:

  1. So true. I have a tiny leatherman that fits on my keychain. It has a scissors instead of a pliers, but I still use it all the time. Love those leathermen (leathermans?). And I didn't know you drove a jeep? Looks awesome. You should do a post on the jeep too because it makes you even tougher than the mountain man there.

    ReplyDelete