Saturday, October 20, 2012

Deer Slayer.....Maybe: Ep.5

After having some time to actually hunt in my blind, I decided it needed a little improvement.  When I last left my blind, it looked like this:
 
 This is fine if you don't move or draw a bow back.  However, I realized after some  that movement is necessary and that my outline could be easily seen because of the empty space behind me.  After a little bit of research and work, the improved blind looks like this:


There's a lot more color variation in the front and I used a lot of large dead branches around the base of the tree behind where the hunter sits.  This should help to break up our outline and color patterns.

Another angle, and a little closer.


How nature says "Back Off".  Glad that one didn't go through me, but every time I see a thorn tree like this, it's humbling to think of Christ's Crown.

I was also able to spend some time up in the trees.  Fall is beautiful from the ground and from the sky.

 Dad had just finished harvesting the soybeans in the picture above.  Amazingly, (to me) he also cultivated the ground and planted wheat in the time it took me to realize the soybeans were gone.
#hardworkingman

 This view (Picture Above) doesn't do the beauty of the colors of fall justice.  Yellow, Brown, Green, and Red dominate the landscape.  Dad's Milo is ready to be harvested in the background.

 Get outside in the real woods this fall.


No comments:

Post a Comment