Friday, October 12, 2012

Deer Slayer.....Maybe: Ep.2

In preparation for the fall hunting season, Emily (Andbeglad) made some delicious soup out of last year's pheasant and quail harvest.
Mmmm...baby back pheasant.

This got me so jacked up to go hunting again, I decided to head out to my blind (as mentioned in previous posts) to set up some more camouflage before the hunting begins for me.   (I think she seasoned that soup with a little bit of "honey, this meat was free!"  Gets me every time.)

While my 3 year old boy and I were out around sunset, the coyotes started kicking up real close and Gabe took off for the jeep.  Well, he's too short to get in by himself but that's ok, because I quickly decided to follow his advice.  Without my gun and some napalm, I get a little skeered in the woods at Sunset too.  We sat in the jeep and listened to the coyotes.  I couldn't see them, but I'm pretty sure the scene looked something like the picture below. 
Getting pumped up to harvest a dear and or turkey.  More to come in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment