Saturday, February 9, 2013

Bunk Bed Project

To celebrate being pregnant with our third child, (Yes, that's kind of an announcement!) Em and I decided to create a little more space in the boys room by adding a bunk bed.  This couldn't be just any old "Wal-Mart special" or "K-Mart express" or an "ALCO piece of junk" or "Target over priced luxurious looking but still poorly made" piece of furniture.  This must be an Engle Project! 

So Em looked up some plans on *cough* Pinterest, and I did my best to not use them to build a bunk bed for our Mini-Me's.  However, directions soon proved to be essential so I found myself working away from *cough* Pinterest while having some fun myself.  Nothing makes me feel more manly then getting to go to the hardware store and spend money on supplies I'll actually put to use.  Actually, I think if I could have starred in this Old Spice commercial, I'd have felt more manly. 

 Anyway, I was very blessed to get the whole afternoon to work on it, so here's about 4 hours of work condensed into 30 seconds of still video.  The boys really enjoyed it and I even got a hug and a thank you from our oldest.  That was a great way to end a fun project!


2 comments: